Siebel Field Service Guide > Service Support >
Processing a Request for Service
The workflow for processing a customer's request for service, shown in Figure 1, includes the following steps:
- Receive a request for service.
- Generate a service request.
- Verify the request, by confirming:
- The account
- The caller (contact)
- Entitlements for service
- Try to solve the problem using known solutions.
- If known solutions do not solve the problem, generate activities for service.
- Order parts if needed.
- Schedule a service engineer and assign activities to that service engineer, if needed.
- Assign and schedule field service activities (see Setting Up and Using Scheduling and Setting Up and Using the Dispatch Board for more information).
- Perform the activities.
- Close the service request.
Figure 1. Workflow for Processing a Service Request