Siebel Field Service Guide > Shipping and Receiving >
Receiving applies to all types of orders:
- Replenishment of internal orders or internal transfers received by a field office, a repair center, or a field service engineer.
- RMAs (returns from a customer).
- Purchase orders and repair orders (receipt from an external vendor).
- For convenience, another receipt type, Unknown, is included to encompasses any other items received.
When an item is received, a receipt is generated as proof that the item arrived. Figure 27 illustrates the receiving process, which consists of the following steps:
- If the order is unidentified, generate unknown receipt. If the order is identified, create a receipt (Internal, Purchase/Repair Order, or RMA).
- Generate transactions.
Figure 27. Receiving Process
Field Service performs the necessary inventory transactions and creates the necessary line item actions on received orders.