Siebel Global Deployment Guide > Localizing Global Deployments > Localizing an Unshipped Language >
Creating Application Object Manager Components
This topic is part of Localizing an Unshipped Language.
Next, you must create and configure Application Object Manager (AOM) components you are going to use for the unshipped language.
This task applies to Siebel Web Client users. It does not apply to Siebel Mobile Web Client or Developer Web Client users.
TIP: Follow this procedure for a single component for testing purposes, before you create all other components you may require.
For detailed information about creating and configuring server components, see Siebel System Administration Guide.
To configure an Application Object Manager for an unshipped language
- Start an employee application such as Siebel Call Center in the base language, such as DEU or ENU. Navigate to Administration - Server Configuration > Enterprise Explorer.
- In the explorer tree, expand the enterprise, then click Component Definitions.
- In the Component Definitions list, select an Application Object Manager component on which you will base your new component. For example, select Call Center Object Manager (ENU) then choose Copy Record from the menu.
- Provide values like the following for the server component you created:
- Component = Call Center Object Manager (PLK)
- Alias = SCCObjMgr_plk
- Component Type = Application Object Manager (the value is copied automatically from the source record you selected in Step 3)
- Component Group = Siebel Call Center
- Description = Call Center Object Manager (PLK) for Poland (the value is copied automatically from the source record you selected in Step 3)
- Provide parameter values for this AOM component. In particular, specify the Language Code and OM - Resource Language Code parameters. Depending on the requirements for your deployment, you may set the language parameters in different ways.
- With the new component selected in the Component Definitions list, expand Component Definitions in the explorer tree, expand the selected Application Object Manager element, then click Parameters.
- In the Component Parameters list, query for the Language Code parameter. Set the Value to the three-letter code for the language XXX you are localizing, such as PLK for Polish.
- Query for the OM - Resource Language Code parameter. Set the Value to the three-letter code for the shipped language YYY (such as DEU or ENU).
- Verify all other parameter settings, and set any other parameters you may require for this component.
For more information about the language parameters, see About Parameters for Language and Locale.
- For Object Manager components used for Siebel Handheld synchronization, also verify settings under Administration - Mobile > Application Administration.