Siebel Hospitality Guide > Booking Hospitality Assets >
Booking Critical and Noncritical Assets
Assets may be booked from within the Function Line Items view for the function. However, sometimes the asset may already be booked for another function at the same time. In this case, the user can double-book or rerent the asset. For more information on double-booking and rerenting, see About Hospitality Assets. This procedure details how to book assets that are located at the property where the function is to take place.
NOTE: This procedure should only be performed after function line items are defined.
This task is a step in Process of Booking Hospitality Assets.
To reserve assets for function line items
- Navigate to the Functions screen and query for the function.
- In the Functions list, query for and select the required function, and click the link in the Function Name field.
- In the Line Items list, click AutoBook to automatically assign available assets to the line items of the function.
If the booking is successful, the Inventory Status field shows a status of Booked. For nonparticipating properties, Autobook can be used to toggle between a status of Booked or Not Booked.
- Review the Inventory Status field for each function line item to determine whether or not the line items were successfully booked and which line items need additional action such as overbooking.
- Scroll down to the Assets list.
This list displays the assets for the selected function line item, along with some information about the asset, including its status.
To double-book or rerent assets for a function line item
- Navigate to the Functions screen > Functions List view.
- In the Functions list, query for the required function record.
- In the Function record, click the link in the Function Name field.
- In the Line Items list, select a line item whose Inventory Status is one of the following:
- Not Available. This status indicates that the asset must be double-booked.
- Re-rent. This status indicates that the asset must be rerented.
- Click Double Book/Re-rent.
NOTE: Users cannot double book or rerent assets for nonparticipating properties.