Siebel Hospitality Guide > Booking Hospitality Assets >
Launching Cluster Booking of Assets
Before a sales representative can add cluster line items, property clusters must be set up, and properties must be added to these clusters. For more information, see Setting Up Property Clusters.
Also, the cluster line item must be added to the quote function before it can be booked. For more information about adding a cluster line item, see Adding Resource Cluster Line Items.
The following procedures detail how to launch cluster booking for cluster line items assets.
This task is a step in Process of Booking Hospitality Assets.
To reserve cluster assets for function line items
- Navigate to the Functions screen and query for the function.
- In the Functions list, query for and select the required function, and click the link in the Function Name field.
- In the Line Items list, select the required cluster line item.
- In the Line Items menu, select Cluster AutoBook to automatically assign available assets to the line items of the function.
If the booking is successful, the Inventory Status field shows a status of Booked. For nonparticipating properties, Autobook can be used to toggle between a status of Booked or Not Booked.
- Review the Inventory Status field for the cluster line item to determine whether or not the line items were successfully booked, and which line items need additional action such as overbooking.
To double-book or rerent cluster assets for a function line item
- Navigate to the Functions screen > Functions List view.
- In the Functions list, query for the required function record.
- In the Function record, click the link in the Function Name field.
- In the Line Items list, select a line item whose Inventory Status is one of the following:
- Not Available. This status indicates that the asset must be double-booked.
- Re-rent. This status indicates that the asset must be rerented.
- From the Line Items menu, select Cluster Double Book.
NOTE: Users cannot double book or rerent assets for nonparticipating properties.