Siebel Hospitality Guide > Managing Property-Specific Event Quotes > Managing Event Room Block Information in Quotes >
Reviewing the Room Block Summary
The Room Block Summary provides details about all room blocks for a particular quote and also provides a means of managing all room block details from one view. You can complete all tasks described in Managing Event Room Block Information in Quotes from the Room Block Summary view.
The Room Block Summary contains the following form and lists:
- Date Query Filter form. The date field allows the sales representative to search for a particular date on which room blocks for a quote exist. When the user has filtered on the date, details of the Room Block are displayed in the two lists.
- Room Block Summary list. The Room Block Summary shows the summary information for all room blocks associated with the quote. It shows a summary of each particular room type and the attributes associated with this room type, including the single price of the room, the number of contracted rooms, the number of blocked rooms, the projected number of rooms that are used, and the number of rooms that have been picked up. It does this for each date on which the room type has been blocked. It is possible to view Sell Notes and Special dates associated with the room block by clicking the Dates/Notes button in this list. It is also possible to view the total group availability information for each room type by clicking the Available button. The Switch button allows the user to sort the columns by Attribute and then by room type.
- Line Items list. The Line Items list allows users to manage line items associated with a room block. This list displays all room blocks, room types, and attributes associated with line items. From this list, it is possible to reserve, overbook, and parcel sleeping rooms. For more information on reserving, overbooking, and parceling rooms, see Working with Inventory. You can edit the room price, the number of contracted rooms, the number of blocked rooms, the projected number of rooms that are used, and the number of rooms that have been picked up. From the menu, it is also possible to reprice sleeping rooms. For more information on room block pricing, see Working with Quote and Order Pricing.
This task is a step in Managing Event Room Block Information in Quotes.
To review summary information for all room blocks
- Navigate to the Quotes screen > Quotes List view.
- In the Quotes list, query for and select the quote.
- In the Quote record, click the link in the Quote # field, and then click the Room Block Summary view tab.
- In the Date field, enter a date on which rooms are booked, and click Search.
The room block summary information is displayed in the Room Block Summary and Line Items lists.
- Review and modify information as required.