Implementing Siebel Business Applications on DB2 UDB for z/OS > Customizing a Development Environment > Process of Applying Schema Extensions to the Target Database >
Synchronizing the Repository and the Physical Schema
To synchronize the Siebel repository database definitions and the existing physical Siebel database, use the Synchronize Schema Definition option of the Database Configuration Wizard.
When you synchronize repository definitions and the existing Siebel Schema, the following data sources are accessed:
- Siebel Repository
- Storage control file
- DB2 catalog
When you run the Synchronize Schema Definition option, be aware of the following:
- Custom columns in the Siebel Schema that are not in the Siebel Repository are not deleted
- Custom indexes in the Siebel Schema that are not in the Siebel Repository are deleted
NOTE: It is recommended that you issue an SQL DROP command to remove EIM tables from the database before synchronizing the Siebel logical and physical schemas to ensure that the synchronization process does not fail when processing EIM tables.
To synchronize Siebel schema definitions
- Launch the Database Configuration Wizard and follow the steps in Performing a Standard Installation until the Siebel Database Operation screen (Step 7) is displayed.
- Select the Run Database Utilities option, and click Next.
- Select the Synchronize Schema Definition option, and click Next.
- Identify the appropriate database encoding method, and click Next.
- Specify the code page encoding scheme for your Siebel Database, either ASCII or EBCDIC, and click Next.
- On the Language Selection screen, select the language in which the database runs, and click Next.
- Enter the ODBC data source name to use to connect to the database and the source database DB2 subsystem name, and click Next.
- Enter the database user name and password, and then enter the password again to confirm it. Click Next.
- Specify the Siebel Schema qualifier in uppercase and the security group ID, and click Next.
- Specify the Repository Synchronization Mechanism, in this case, select the Generate DDL into Files option, and click Next.
- On the Commit Frequency screen, choose the number of DDL statements that can be run before a COMMIT statement is issued, and click Next.
- Enter the name of the output directory where the DDL is to be created, and enter the path and name of the storage control file to use in the synchronization process. Alternatively, use the Browse button to locate these files.
By default, the DDL output directory is DBSRVR_ROOT
\db2390\dboutput\ddlsync (Windows) or
/db2390/dboutput/ddlsync (UNIX). Click Next.
- Enter the name of the Repository with which the existing Siebel database is to be synchronized. Click Next.
- Enter the name of the directory where the log files are to be created, and click Next. By default, the files are created in SIEBSRVR_ROOT
\log\ddlsync_mf (Windows) or
- Save the configuration information you have entered and launch the Siebel Upgrade wizard as described in the following topics:
- Click OK and the Wizard generates the DDL required to synchronize the Siebel Database and the Siebel Repository.
- Ask your DBA to apply these files to synchronize the Siebel repository database definitions with the existing physical Siebel database.