Siebel Marketing Installation and Administration Guide > Installing and Configuring Email Marketing >
Siebel Email Marketing Architecture
Figure 4 is an example of a typical architectural structure for Siebel Email Marketing components and shows how the components interact with Siebel Marketing.
If Siebel Email Marketing components lose connectivity to the Siebel Server, they queue all data and continue to function. After the connection is reestablished, queued data is processed.
Figure 4. Email Marketing Architecture
Email Sending Daemon Integration and Workflow
Figure 5 shows a more detailed view of the Siebel Email Sending Daemon, its interrelationship with Siebel Marketing, and the outbound flow of work within this architecture. The following steps correspond with the numbers in the figure:
- Workflow calls Analytics Web to generate a list that is formatted for email personalization.
- Siebel Analytics Web generates list files for each batch (subwave). In Basic mode, the Siebel Server generates the list files. In Advanced mode, the Analytics Web Server generates the list files.
- Workflow waits until files are returned.
- Workflow launches a subprocess for each file and then notifies the Email Sending Daemon location of each file.
- Email Sending Daemon retrieves each subwave list of Prospects and Contacts.
- Email Sending Daemon sends email to the Prospects and Contacts in each subwave list.
Figure 5. Email Sending Daemon Integration and Workflow