Siebel Order Management Guide > Creating a Quote or Sales Order > Common Tasks for Creating Quotes and Sales Orders >
Working With Line Items of Quotes and Orders
After adding products to a quote or order as line items, users may need to work with the line items in the following ways:
This task is part of the Common Tasks for Creating Quotes and Sales Orders.
Viewing the Price Waterfall
The end user can view a price waterfall, which displays all the steps that went into the calculation of the line item, beginning with the start price and listing all the discounts, markups and final price.
The waterfall can be used to answer customers' questions about how prices were calculated.
To view a price waterfall
- Navigate to the quote or order.
- In the Line Items list, click the net price of a line item.
A waterfall dialog box appears, listing all the steps in determining that net price.
Deleting a Line Item
Sometimes an end user may need to delete a line item to remove a product from a quote or an order.
NOTE: To delete a component of a product with components, the end user must do so in the configuration session. The end user cannot delete a component by deleting a record in the line items list, as described in the following procedure.
To delete line items
- Navigate to the quote or order.
- Click the Line Items view tab.
- In the Line Items list, select the item.
- Click Delete.
Canceling an Order Line Item
If an order status is Booked or Awaiting Shipping, a customer service representative or sales agent can cancel one or more line items within an order instead of canceling the entire order.
To cancel order line items
- Navigate to the relevant order line item.
- Check Request To Cancel for the order line.
- Select a reason from the Cancel Reason list.
- Click Submit to submit the revised order.
NOTE: The Cancel Order button cancels the entire order.
Customizing a Product
End users can customize some products in a quote or order by selecting their components. For instance, if a customer is buying a computer, the customer can select components such as the type of monitor, hard drive, and so on. To create the quote or order, the end user first adds the computer system as a product line item, and then customizes it using Siebel Configurator.
The end user can tell when a product can be configured because the Customize button is enabled when the product record is selected. When a customizable product has components, the end user can expand the item to see the components included in the customizable product.
For more information about customizable products, see Siebel Product Administration Guide.
NOTE: The customize feature is only available if you have licensed Siebel Configurator.
To customize a product
- Navigate to the quote or order that contains the product that you want to configure.
- In the Line Items list, select the line item that contains the product with components, or add a new record for a product with components.
- With the customizable product selected, click Customize to start a configuration session.
- In the selection pages, check to see that the item is configured correctly and make any necessary or desired changes.
- If you are working in a quote, click the menu button in the quote header and then click Verify.
NOTE: When you choose the Verify menu option in a quote, the quote is verified as complete or incomplete. Part of the verification process checks to see whether the product with components is incomplete. If you removed an item from the product with components that is part of the minimum configuration, you must click Configure again to launch another configuration session and add it back in.
- When the product is configured properly, click Submit.
Changing Component Quantities
A customer might want to order a different number of components than what is set as the default in a product with components.
Typically, end users change the quantity of a component in the configuration session that starts when they click the Customize button in the Line Items list. When an end user clicks Customize, Siebel Configurator checks all configuration rules to make sure that the change in quantity is appropriate.
Your company can decide to allow changes to component quantities directly in the Line Items list in the quote or order. For this to occur, a user property must be set in Siebel Tools. For more information, see Configuration with Siebel Tools.
When this user property has been set, the Qty field in line item for components of products with components is editable. If the Qty field is read-only, then this user property has not been set.
Selecting Product Attributes for Line Items
Some products have attributes that the end user can choose. For example, a shirt may have the attribute of size, with the possible values S, M, L, and XL.
If the product has both components and attributes, then the user selects both the attributes and components during the configuration session, as described in Customizing a Product.
If the product is a simple product with attributes, meaning that it has attributes but does not have components, then the user can either:
To select attributes for a line item
- Navigate to the line item.
- In the link bar of the Line Items view, click Attributes.
- In the Line Items list, select the line item whose attributes you want to choose.
- In the Line Items Attributes list (below the Line Items List), specify the values for the attributes. as described in the following table.
Displays the name of the attribute
Select the value of the attribute
Displays the action code for the line item. For more information about action codes, see Action Codes.
Displays the data type of the attribute. For example, if the user chooses yes or no, then the data type of the attribute is boolean; if the user chooses among options that are written out, then the data type of the attribute is text.