Siebel Partner Relationship Management Administration Guide > Working with New Partners >
Process of Enrolling a New Partner Company
To enroll a new partner company, you typically perform the following tasks:
- Add the partner company by:
- Displaying and Assessing Prospective Partner Companies. View the applications submitted on the Siebel PRM Portal by prospective partners. If a company applies to be a partner through your Siebel PRM Web site, it has entered the information you need for the partner record. After this application is submitted, it is visible in Prospective Partners List view. To view the applications of prospective partners, Navigate to the Administration - Partner screen > Prospective Partners view.
- Adding a Partner Record by Qualifying a Partner Company. To qualify the partner, click Qualify. This moves the application from the Prospective Partners list to the Qualified Partners List. The prospective partner is now a qualified partner. Qualified Partners. To view the applications of qualified partners, Navigate to the Administration - Partner screen > Qualified Partners view.
- Registering the Partner Company. After qualifying a prospective partner, add it to the Registered Partner list by clicking Register. The partner is now a registered Partner. To view the registered partners, Navigate to the Administration - Partner screen > Registered Partners view.
- In some cases, you may add partner companies in other ways, described in Other Ways of Adding Partner Records.
- Assigning Responsibilities to the Partner Company. Responsibilities control the views partners can see.
- Assigning Positions to the Partner Company. You can define the positions for the partner company, or you can let a delegated administrator at the partner company define these positions.
- Assigning Master Data to the Partner Company. You assign most master data by adding the partner company to one or more access groups. You also assign a price list to the partner company.
- Adding User Assignments at the Partner Company. You can enter the users at the partner company yourself, or you can enter one user at the partner company as a delegated administrator, who can add other users and delegated administrators at the partner company. As part of adding user assignments, you can also create a User ID and password for each employee and associate the user with a position and responsibilities.
- Contacting the New Delegated Administrator. You can set up a workflow to send email to the new delegated administrator after the partner company has been added.
- Adding Locations for the Partner Locator. If you want the partner company to be visible in the Partner Locator, you must add locations or have the partner add its own locations, and you must publish locations.
- Completing the Partner Profile. Optionally, you can complete the partner profile to make sure that it has the information you need and that it is accessible to the right people in your company.
NOTE: In some cases, you can add a partner company and skip the registration and the following steps. Do this only if the partner company is not using the Siebel PRM Portal. You can still work with the partner company record using the Siebel PRM Manager: the channel manager can view the company's records in the Partner screen and can also use the Siebel PRM Manager to request market development funds (MDFs) for the company. You display partners who are approved but not registered by navigating to the Administration - Partner screen and choosing the Approved Partners link. You display registered partners by navigating to the Administration - Partner screen and choosing the Registered Partners link.