Siebel Partner Relationship Management Administration Guide > Working with New Partners > Process of Enrolling a New Partner Company >
Assigning Master Data to the Partner Company
This task is a step in Process of Enrolling a New Partner Company.
Siebel applications include two different types of data, which you work with in different ways:
- Transactional Data. This is data that users can create, read, edit, and delete, such as opportunities, accounts, contacts, and service requests. It can be assigned to individuals, to groups of individuals (such as a sales team), or to organizations.
- Master (or Referential) Data. This is data that users can only read, such as sales literature and service solutions. It is usually assigned to groups of users through access groups.
The next step in adding a new partner company is to assign it the appropriate master data.
To assign most master data to partners, you use access groups. Before you can do this, your channel operations manager must set up the appropriate access groups and categories of master data, as described in Setting Up Siebel PRM. Then, any partner company that you add to the access group will have access to the master data visible to that access group.
Price lists are the only type of master data that is not assigned using access groups, because price lists are usually assigned to smaller groups of partner companies than other forms of master data. For example, you may assign master data to an access group called resellers, but you may have a different price list for each reseller, or you may have a standard price list for most resellers but special price lists for five of your resellers. Assigning price lists to access groups would limit the utility of the access groups, because price lists often do not follow the same rules as other master data.
You may also want to assign some types of transactional data, such as customer accounts and contacts, to the new partner company. You will assign other types of transactional data, such as opportunities and service requests, to the partner company after you start working with it.
Most often, the type of access groups that partners are assigned to Partner Communities, but they can be assigned to access groups of any type.
For information about assigning transactional data to partner companies, see Sharing Data with Partners.
To add a partner company to an access group
- Navigate to the Administration - Partner screen > Registered Partners.
- In the Partners list, drill down on the name for the partner company which you are adding to the access group.
- Click the Access Groups view tab.
- In the Access Groups list, add a new record.
The Add Access Groups dialog box appears.
- Select the Access Groups to which you want to add the partner, and click Add.
To assign a price list to a partner company
- Navigate to the Administration - Partner screen > Registered Partners view.
- In the Partners list, drill down on the name for the partner company to which you are assigning the price list.
- Click the Price Lists view tab.
The Price Lists view appears.
- In the Price Lists list, add a new record.
The Add Price List dialog box appears.
- Click the select button for the Price List record that you want to add.
The price list is added to the Price Lists list.