Siebel Professional Services Automation Guide > Microsoft Project Integration > End-User Procedures for Microsoft Project Integration >
Exporting Information from Siebel Professional Services Automation to a New Microsoft Project File
End users can export information from Siebel Professional Services Automation to a Microsoft Project file by using the Plan Integration view in the Projects screen. As part of this process, end users must specify an existing template that defines how Siebel Professional Services Automation fields are mapped to Microsoft Project fields. For general information about these templates, see Understanding Mapping Templates.
To preserve a historical record of Siebel data and Microsoft Project data throughout the project, end users can use a new Microsoft Project file each time they export. If there is no need for a historical record, end users can use an existing Microsoft Project file, which causes older data to be overwritten with newer data.
NOTE: After each time end users export Siebel Plan Integration data to a Microsoft Project file, they must click the Update button in the Plan Integration list to verify that the export process is finished. The Update button requests an update on the export process from the Siebel Document Server. The process is finished when clicking the Update button makes the value Completed appear in the Export Status field.
To export Siebel information to a new Microsoft Project file
- Navigate to the Projects screen.
- From the visibility filter, select the appropriate view.
- Drill down on the Name field hyperlink for a selected project record for which you want to export information to Microsoft Project.
- Click the Plan Integration view tab.
- In the Plan Integration list, create a new record.
- In the Attachment Name field, type in the name of the Microsoft Project file that you want to create and then export to.
- In the Plan Integration list, in the Mapping Template field, click the select button.
- In the Pick Microsoft Project Mapping dialog box, select the mapping template that you want to use, and then click OK.
- In the Plan Integration list, click Export.
- Wait briefly, and then, in the Plan Integration list, click Update.
If the export process is finished, a value of Completed appears in the Export Status field. If the export process is not finished, repeat this step.
- After Completed appears in the Export Status field, click the Attachment Name hyperlink to view the exported information in Microsoft Project.