Siebel Professional Services Automation Guide > Time Reporting and Time Sheets > End-User Procedures for Time Reporting and Time Sheets >
Adjusting Submitted Time Sheet Hours
From time to time, end users may need to adjust a time sheet that has been submitted to them for approval. Ordinarily, end users can reject a time sheet that includes errors and have the person who prepared the time sheet correct the error.
On some occasions, however, the time sheet may be correct, but the end user may want to adjust the amount to be billed as a courtesy to the customer, or they may want to adjust the nonbillable hours submitted for an internal project. End users can make an adjustment to the submitted hours of a time sheet at any time before the invoice associated with the time worked has its status set to Billed. The following procedure explains how to adjust a time sheet's submitted hours.
To adjust the submitted hours for a time sheet
- Navigate to the Projects screen.
- From the visibility filter, select the appropriate view.
- Drill down on the Name field hyperlink for a selected project record with which the time sheet is associated.
- Click the Time and Expense view tab.
- In the Time and Expense link bar, click the Time Adjustments link.
- In the Time and Expense list, select the time item record that needs to be adjusted.
- In the Adjusted Hours field, click the select button.
- In the Adjustment Hours dialog box, add a new record.
- In the Hours field, enter the number of hours to add or subtract from the submitted number of hours, using a negative number if you want to subtract hours, and then click Save.
NOTE: When you adjust time sheet hours, the total billable hours after adjustment must be greater than or equal to 0 and less than or equal to 24 hours.
- In the Adjustment Hours dialog box, click Save, and then click OK.
The Total Adjustment, Billable Hours, and Billable Fees fields are updated to reflect your adjustments.