Siebel Public Sector Guide > Setting Up Cases >
Disabling Automatic Serialization
This task is a step in Process of Setting Up Cases.
By default, Public Sector is shipped with automatic case serialization. However, you can disable this serialization and add Serial Number buttons to the user interface to allow users the option of manually serializing items as required.
This topic contains the following related subtopics:
To turn off automatic serialization on a business component
- Log into Siebel Tools as an administrator.
- Navigate to Object Explorer > Business Component.
- Query for the appropriate business component.
- Navigate to Business Component > Business Component User Prop.
- Query for the SerializationAutoGenerate user property.
- Change the value from Y to N.
- (Optional) If you are replacing automatic serialization with Serial Number buttons for the user, you can perform the required steps at this stage. See Adding Serial Number Buttons to the User Interface for more information. Then, continue with the following steps.
- Compile the edited projects and replace the Siebel Repository File (SRF).