Siebel Reports Administration Guide > Actuate Library Reference > Actuate sscustom Library >
Text Controls in the sscustom Library
The following components are for displaying text:
- ssTxt. Basic text control
- ssTxtB. Bold text control
- ssTxtBI. Bold italic text control
- ssTxtBIueBack. Bold text control (white text on a blue background)
- ssTxtChkBox. Check box control
- ssTxtP. Percentage text control
- ssTxtS. Small text control
- ssTxtSB. Small bold text control
- ssTxtSBI. Small bold italic text control
- ssTxtSectionHead. Section head text control
- ssTxtSectionHeadM. Maroon section head text control
- ssTxtSNoRepeat. Small text control used in calendar reports
- space. Space control (aligns multiple text sections)
In the first implementation of the Actuate architecture, the data that is transferred is in the string data type format, including numeric and date information. The baseTxt control is the most appropriate method available for displaying string data.
Actuate can implicitly convert string data to other control types; for example, String data will be converted to the date data type if the control being used is a date control. Unfortunately, the implicit conversion methods for date and numeric data are not appropriate under some conditions, particularly when you are providing multilanguage support.
Figure 30 shows the steps that data goes through before it populates an Actuate control.
Figure 30. Actuate Control Creation Process with Siebel Business Applications
As long as the information to be displayed is string data, no conversion takes place. This provides the best support for multiple languages and is the preferred method.
Date information and revenue information are handled differently. Oracle has developed methods that are appropriate for working with both date and revenue information.