Siebel Server Sync Guide > Installing Siebel Server Sync for Microsoft Exchange Server > Process of Preparing a Microsoft Exchange 2007 Environment for SSSE Installation >
Installing Exchange 2007 System Management Tools
The following procedure briefly describes how to install Exchange 2007 System Management Tools on Exchange Connector computers.
This task is a step in Process of Preparing a Microsoft Exchange 2007 Environment for SSSE Installation.
NOTE: This task must be performed for all Exchange Connector computers, but is not required for PIMSI Engine computers that do not run Exchange Connector.
Microsoft Exchange 2007 is a 64-bit application but the Siebel Server and the Exchange Connector are 32-bit applications. Microsoft does, however, provide a 32-bit version of the Exchange 2007 System Management Tools and this is the version you must use with SSSE. (Although a full 32-bit version of Microsoft Exchange 2007 is provided, only the 32-bit System Management Tools are supported for production use.)
To install the 32-bit version of Microsoft Exchange 2007 System Management Tools
- On the computer where you want to install the software, open a browser window, navigate to the Microsoft downloads Web site at the following URL, and locate the 32-bit version of Microsoft Exchange 2007 System Management Tools
- Create a folder on the computer's local hard disk, or in another network-accessible location.
- Download E2K7EN32.exe to the folder you created by clicking the Download button.
NOTE: If you have installed Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1, download E2K7SP1EN32.exe instead of E2K7EN32.exe.
- Open the folder you created in Step 2, and double-click E2K7EN32.exe (or E2K7SP1EN32.exe).
- In the Choose Directory for Extracted Files dialog box, specify the location of the Exchange System Management Tools folder, and click OK.
- When the self-extraction process is complete, click OK.
- Install the Exchange 2007 System Management Tools using the instructions provided by Microsoft. Select the following options:
- On the Microsoft Exchange 2007 Setup screen, select the Custom setup.
- On the Custom setup screen, select only the Exchange System Management Tools option.