Siebel Security Guide > Security Adapter Authentication > Process of Installing and Configuring LDAP Client Software >
Installing the IBM LDAP Client and IBM GSKit on HP-UX
This topic describes how to obtain the IBM LDAP Client and IBM GSKit installation files on HP-UX.
This task is a step in Process of Installing and Configuring LDAP Client Software.
To obtain IBM LDAP Client and IBM GSKit installation files on HP-UX
- Log in as root.
- Navigate to the directory that contains the folder
This directory contains two files:
- If you intend to deploy SSL, copy both of the files described in Step 2 to an empty directory that has at least 50 MB of available space. If you only require the IBM LDAP Client, copy aus60ldap_051007_ia64_hpux_11_so.tar to an empty directory.
- For each file you copied, enter the following command:
tar -xvf nameOfSelectedFile.tar
The directory nameOfSelectedFile is created at the current location and the IBM LDAP Client and IBM GSKit files are unpacked and installed into it.
- Add the directory path of the IBM LDAP 6.0 libraries to the library path environment variable in either the siebenv.csh (C shell) or siebenv.sh (Bourne or Korn shell) script file. For information on this task, see Configuring the siebenv.csh and siebenv.sh Scripts for the LDAP Client.
- Stop and restart the Siebel Server.