Siebel Installation Guide for Microsoft Windows > Configuring Siebel Enterprise Server and Related Components > Configuring Siebel Management Agent and Siebel Management Server >
Creating the Siebel User for Siebel Diagnostic Tool
This topic is part of Configuring Siebel Management Agent and Siebel Management Server.
This topic describes requirements for creating the Siebel user for Siebel Diagnostic Tool. Part of this task is performed by a database administrator (DBA). If you will not be using Diagnostic Tool, you can skip this task.
When you configure Siebel Management Server, as described in Configuring Siebel Management Server, you are prompted to provide details about the Siebel user for the Siebel Diagnostic Tool.
- If you will not be using Diagnostic Tool functionality, you do not need to specify the Diagnostic Tool user in the Configuration Wizard.
- However, if you will use Diagnostic Tool, then the Diagnostic Tool user must already exist as a Siebel user in the Siebel Database in order to successfully configure Management Server. In order to use Diagnostic Tool, this user must have the necessary permissions. For more information about Siebel Diagnostic Tool, see Siebel System Monitoring and Diagnostics Guide.
Creating the Diagnostic Tool User in the Database and Granting Permissions
For example, assume you will create a user named diagtool, with password abcd. In this case, the DBA must connect to the Siebel Database and enter a command like this:
GRANT CONNECT ON DATABASE TO USER DIAGTOOL IDENTIFIED BY 'abcd'
Now the DBA must grant limited permissions to this user, by entering a command like this:
GRANT SELECT ON TABLE SIEBEL.S_SRM_TASK_HIST TO USER DIAGTOOL
NOTE: If the commands above do not work in your database, work with your DBA to perform the necessary tasks.
Note the user name and password for later access.
Assigning Siebel User Responsibilities
Now the Siebel Administrator must assign a responsibility to the Siebel Diagnostic Tool user. The procedure below is performed by the Siebel Administrator.
To assign responsibilities to the Diagnostic Tool user
- Log in as the Siebel Administrator to the Siebel application, such as Siebel Call Center.
- Navigate to the Administration - Users screen.
- Create a record for the Siebel Diagnostic Tool user (diagtool, in the example).
- Assign the MgmtSrvr-Monitor responsibility to this user, and save the record.
Specifying the Diagnostic Tool User When Configuring Siebel Management Server
When you configure Siebel Management Server, as described in Configuring Siebel Management Server, specify the Siebel user name and password for the newly created user when prompted for the Diagnostic Tool user.
When you run Siebel Diagnostic Tool, you will log in as this user. For details, see Siebel System Monitoring and Diagnostics Guide.
Changing the Password for the Diagnostic Tool User
The Siebel user name and password for the Siebel Diagnostic Tool user are stored in the file tomcat-users.xml, which is located in the tomcat\conf subdirectory of the Siebel Management Server installation directory. For details on how to change passwords in this file, see Siebel Security Guide.
If you change the password, you must stop and restart the Siebel Management Server. For details, see Siebel System Administration Guide.