Siebel Installation Guide for Microsoft Windows > Installing and Configuring the Siebel Web Server Extension >
Process of Installing and Configuring the SWSE
Installing and configuring Siebel Web Server Extension (SWSE) consists of multiple tasks, which are performed by the system administrator in the following order:
- Review requirements for installing the SWSE. See Requirements for SWSE Installation and Configuration. See also Planning Topologies.
- Install and configure your desired load-balancing solution, if you are using a third-party load balancer.
For more information, see Configuring Load Balancing for Siebel Applications.
- Install the Web server. See Installing the Web Server.
- After you create the Siebel Enterprise, you create one or more SWSE logical profiles. You must do this before you can configure an SWSE instance you install. See Configuring the SWSE.
- (Optional) Uninstall your existing SWSE. See Requirements for SWSE Installation and Configuration and Uninstalling Siebel Web Server Extension and Strong Encryption Pack.
- Install the SWSE on the Web server. See Installing the SWSE.
- Configure the installed SWSE instance by applying the SWSE logical profile. See Configuring the SWSE.
- Complete any appropriate postinstallation tasks. See Postinstallation Tasks for the SWSE and the Web Server.