Siebel Installation Guide for Microsoft Windows > Preparing to Install Siebel Business Applications >
Overview of Installing Siebel Business Applications
The server installation process requires multiple tasks that you perform in the following general sequence. For an illustration of part of this task flow, see Overview of Installing and Configuring Servers in a Siebel Deployment.
- Planning your deployment. See Siebel Deployment Planning Guide.
For example, you might install and configure server clustering software.
- Determining your load-balancing strategy. See Siebel Deployment Planning Guide and see Configuring Load Balancing for Siebel Applications.
- Creating your database instance. See Configuring the RDBMS.
NOTE: You can create the database instance at any point before you run the Database Configuration Wizard and perform the tasks noted in Step 9.
- Obtaining Siebel media and creating a Siebel installation image on the network, from which installs will be performed. See Creating the Siebel Installation Image on the Network.
- Installing required third-party products. See Siebel System Requirements and Supported Platforms on Oracle Technology Network and the Siebel Business Applications Third-Party Bookshelf.
- Creating directories for Siebel software and the Siebel File System. See General Considerations in Planning Your Siebel Deployment.
- Creating the required Siebel accounts. See Creating the Siebel Service Owner Account.
- Installing and configuring the Siebel Enterprise Server components.
You install Siebel Gateway Name Server, Siebel Server, and Database Configuration Utilities. Then you run the Siebel Configuration Wizard to configure the Siebel Gateway Name Server, Siebel Enterprise, Siebel Web Server Extension (SWSE) logical profile, and Siebel Server. See:
- Running the Database Configuration Wizard on the Siebel Server machine where you installed Database Configuration Utilities. The task to install the Siebel Database creates the schema on the RDBMS and (for the primary language only) adds seed data and Siebel repository data. See Configuring the Siebel Database.
NOTE: This task does not apply if you have an existing Siebel Database, such as in an upgrade scenario.
- Installing your Web server, and installing and configuring the SWSE—applying the SWSE logical profile. See Installing and Configuring the Siebel Web Server Extension.
- (Optional) Installing Siebel Search products.
NOTE: For specific guidelines and requirements about installing search products, see Siebel Search Administration Guide.
- (Optional) Installing Siebel Mobile Web Clients or Developer Web Clients. See Installing Siebel Mobile Web Clients.
- Installing Siebel Tools for developers. See Installing Siebel Tools.
- (Optional) Installing additional Siebel products. See:
- Verifying your environment using EVT. See Verifying Your Server Environment.
- (Optional) Installing and configuring additional Siebel Server instances, or additional Web server and SWSE instances, if required for your deployment.