Siebel System Administration Guide > Configuring the Browser for Siebel Web Clients > Manual Security Settings for High Interactivity >
Manually Enabling Settings for ActiveX Controls and Plug-ins
To enable full functionality related to ActiveX controls and plug-ins for Siebel applications in high-interactivity mode, specify the following settings.
If you enable the browser health check, it tests that you have enabled support for full functionality for the ActiveX controls and plug-ins. You cannot disable this health check, because a corresponding parameter is not available.
For more information, see ActiveX Requirements in High-Interactivity Deployments.
To specify ActiveX settings
- From the Internet Explorer Tools menu, select Internet Options.
- Click the Security tab.
- Select the Web content zone you want to customize (for example, Local intranet or Trusted sites).
- Click Custom level...
- In Security Settings, under ActiveX controls and plug-ins, navigate to Download signed ActiveX controls, and select Enable or Prompt.
- In Security Settings, under ActiveX controls and plug-ins, navigate to Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins, and select Enable.
- In Security Settings, under ActiveX controls and plug-ins, navigate to Script ActiveX Controls marked safe for scripting, and select Enable.
- In Security Settings, under ActiveX controls and plug-ins, navigate to Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe, and select Enable or Prompt.
NOTE: The above setting applies only if you are using the Siebel application Print command with Microsoft Excel.
- Click OK.
A Warning popup appears.
- Click Yes to verify the changes you made, then, in the Internet Options window, click OK.