Siebel System Administration Guide > Configuring the Browser for Siebel Web Clients > Manual Security Settings for High Interactivity >
Manually Enabling Settings for Scripting
Use scripting in the high-interactivity framework to manage data-only interactions with the Siebel Server and to interact with the browser DOM, ActiveX controls, Java applets, and so on. The high-interactivity framework also supports browser scripting for data validations.
If you enable the browser health check, it tests that you have enabled support for browser scripting. You cannot disable the health check on support for browsing, because a corresponding parameter is not available. To enable the full functionality related to scripting for Siebel applications in high-interactivity mode, specify the following settings.
To specify scripting settings
- From the Internet Explorer Tools menu, select Internet Options.
- Click the Security tab.
- Select the Web content zone you want to customize (for example, Local intranet or Trusted sites).
- Click Custom Level.
- In Security Settings, navigate to Active scripting, and select Enable or Prompt.
- In Security Settings, navigate to Scripting, Scripting of Java applets, and then select Enable or Prompt.
- In Security Settings, navigate to Scripting, then under select Enable or Prompt.
- Click OK.
A Warning message appears.
- Click Yes to verify the changes you made, then, in the Internet Options window, click OK.