Siebel Master Data Applications Reference for Industry Applications > Architecture and Framework >
About Integration Services for Siebel Master Data Applications
The Siebel Connector for Master Data Applications provides the integration services for Siebel Master Data Applications, and is a configurable set of components, which you can use to exchange data between Siebel Master Data Applications and external applications and databases.
The Siebel Connector for Master Data Applications is responsible for receiving, parsing, and executing the business processes specified in the XML message that conforms to the specification detailed in the Siebel Universal Customer Master Application business process specification document. This solution allows you to manage information between Siebel Master Data applications and other applications. The Siebel Connector for Master Data Applications extends Siebel applications to integrate with back-office data and business processes by serving as a master application for all other applications.
The Siebel Connector for Master Data Applications supports both synchronous and asynchronous transactions across application boundaries. The resulting data consistency and the ability to share information allows for efficient coordination among enterprise operations. See Siebel Master Data Applications Scenario for scenarios using the Siebel Master Data Applications.
In addition, the Siebel Connector for Master Data Applications also offers the following capabilities:
- Registration of systems accessing the Universal Customer Master Application
- Enforcement of execution privileges for systems accessing Universal Customer Master Application
- Broadcasting of customer information changes to enterprise systems
- Retrieval of External IDs from the Key Map. For more information see Cross-Referencing Records with External Systems.
- Running of intelligent merge and update
- Running of point-in-time recovery, including unmerge functionality
- Batch data management
- Enabling survivorship rules in UCM
Within the Siebel Master Data Applications, the Siebel Connector offers the following:
- Generation of Universal Unique IDs (UUID)
- Creation of source data and history records
These capabilities are not possible without a predefined message structure to relay required information in exchanged XML messages known as the CRMML Message.