Siebel Database Upgrade Guide > How to Perform a Siebel Database Upgrade >
Process of Planning a Siebel Database Upgrade
Upgrades from: All Supported Siebel releases.
Environments: Development, production test, production.
Platforms: Windows and UNIX only. This topic does not apply to IBM z/OS.
This process is part of a roadmap. See Roadmap for Performing a Siebel Database Upgrade.
To plan the upgrade, read the following:
- How the Siebel Database Upgrade Works.
- Siebel Database and UI Upgrade Planning.
- If you are planning to migrate to Unicode, see Upgrade Planning for Siebel Unicode Support.
- Application Planning for a Siebel Upgrade.
- Siebel Marketing Upgrade Reference.
- Tables Modified or Seeded During a Siebel Upgrade.
Remote Upgrade Planning
See the following resources to deploy the upgrade to remote users on Siebel Mobile Web Clients:
- Use Siebel Packager to create language packs for remote installation. See Going Live with Siebel Business Applications.
- Use Siebel Anywhere to create installation kits for deployment. See Siebel Anywhere Administration Guide.
- Generate a Siebel Remote database template. See Siebel Remote and Replication Manager Administration Guide.
- Set up database extraction for Mobile Web Clients. See Siebel Remote and Replication Manager Administration Guide.