Siebel Database Upgrade Guide > Reviewing the Siebel User Interface >
Revising Siebel UI Rich Text Controls
Upgrades from: Siebel 7.0.x and 7.5.x.
Environments: Development environment only.
Platforms: Windows, UNIX, IBM z/OS.
Reputility log section: "Issue 1: Rich Text Controls (RTC) That Need to Have Properties Reconfigured."
This topic is part of an upgrade process. See How to Perform a Siebel Database Upgrade.
As of Siebel 7.7, the configuration of rich text controls (RTCs) changed. The user properties called RTC Graphic Field and RTC Link Field were moved from the Applet User Properties to the Control User Properties of the Body field.
The postmerge utilities review the repository and verify that rich text controls are defined correctly. The reputility log lists the controls that need to be modified. Review the section of the log referenced above and make the needed revisions.
The log is located here:
SIEBEL_TOOLS_INSTALL_DIR is the directory where Siebel Tools is installed.
To revise RTC definitions
- Start Siebel Tools. Set the Object Explorer to Flat.
- Navigate to Views > Options > Object Explorer. Under applet, verify that Applet User Prop and Control User Prop are check-marked.
- Refer to the reputility.log and query for one of the listed applets.
- In the Object Explorer, select Applet User Prop.
If the user RTC Graphic Field and RTC Link Field user properties are marked Inactive, no further action is required.
- For the following user properties, write down the value—active RTC Graphic Field and RTC Link Field user property:
- RTC Graphic Field. The value for RTC Graphic Field typically is Body Field Graphic.
- RTC Link Field. The value for RTC Link Field typically is Body Field Link.
- RTC Body Field. The value is the control name.
- For the applet, select Control > Control User Prop.
- In the Controls list, query for the value you wrote down for RTC Body Field. This is the control name.
- For the control, select Control User Prop.
- Define the following control user properties on the control. Assign the values you wrote down for the applet user properties:
- RTC Graphic Field
- RTC Link Field