Siebel Database Upgrade Guide for DB2 UDB for z/OS > Running the Database Configuration Wizard to Perform Upgrade Tasks >
Upgrading the Repository and Importing Seed Data
Upgrades: All upgrades.
Environments: All environments.
This topic is part of an upgrade process. See How to Perform a Siebel Database Upgrade.
After you have created the staging database, generated the upgrade files, and upgraded the target database, you must upgrade the repository and import seed data.
Run the Database Configuration Wizard to upgrade the repository and import seed data by following the procedure below.
To upgrade the repository and import seed data
- Run the Database Configuration Wizard. See About Running the Database Configuration Wizard Under Windows and About Running the Database Configuration Wizard Under UNIX.
- Select the following options:
- Upgrade Options:
- Development environment: Upgrade Siebel Database Schema (upgrep)
- Production environment: Upgrade Siebel Database Schema (upgrep + upgphys)
- Upgrade Process: zSeries Seed/Repository Upgrade
- Make sure you specify values for the target database when prompted for the names of the Host, DB2 subsystem, schema qualifier, ODBC data source, and database user name and password.
- Enter configuration information for your environment as described in Information Required by the Database Configuration Wizard. The master UCF file is updated with the environment configuration information.
- Start the Siebel Upgrade Wizard. See Starting the Siebel Upgrade Wizard.
NOTE: The process of importing seed data and upgrading the repository may take several hours.
Restarting the Seed Data Import and Repository Upgrade
If the Upgrade Wizard stops responding during the repository upgrade process, restart the process using the following procedure.
To restart the repository upgrade and seed data import process
- From the command line, navigate to the
\bin directory (Windows) or
/bin directory (UNIX).
- Execute the following commands:
RSTAT390 /u UserId
/a Y /l rstat.log /T S_COLUMN
RSTAT390 /u UserId
/a Y /l rstat.log /T S_UK_ATTJOIN
- Restart the Upgrade Wizard using one of the methods described in Starting the Siebel Upgrade Wizard.
NOTE: To improve the repository upgrade performance, execute the REORG utility on the tables listed in About Reorganizing Tables Before the Repository Merge before performing the repository merge.