Siebel Anywhere Administration Guide > Activating, Applying, and Distributing Upgrade Kits >
Controlling the Order of Kit Installation
Usually, when you distribute upgrades to a configuration requiring several related components, the order in which kits are installed is undefined. If you need to control the installation order of kits, you can do this by making one kit dependent upon another. If this is the case, do not use the Upgrade Kit Wizard to activate the kit.
An example of this type of situation is when you have one Siebel Repository File kit (Kit 1) and another Siebel Client Customer Revision kit (Kit 2), and you need Kit 1 to be installed first.
To set the order of kit installation
- From the application-level menu, select Navigate > Site Map > Administration - Siebel Anywhere.
- From the link bar, click Upgrade Kits.
The Upgrade Kits list appears.
- In the Upgrade Kits list, select the kit you need installed second (for example, Kit 2, the Siebel Client Customer Revision kit).
- If the kit is already activated, perform one of the following actions:
- Manually set the status to Pending.
- Deactivate the kit and change the status to Pending.
- In the Upgrade Kit Component list (lower list in the same view), make sure that the kit to be installed second is still selected in the list above, and then click New.
The Upgrade Components dialog box appears.
- Select the component Kit 1 upgrades (for example, Siebel Client Repository_$Language).
- In the new record, set the Min Old Version to the New Version of the kit (the Siebel Repository File).
- Click to activate the Upgrade Kits applet.
- Select the kit you need installed second again and click Activate.
This procedure forces first the installation of Kit 1 (Siebel Repository File), followed by Kit 2 (Siebel Client Customer Revision). This interlinked series can be extended to three or more kits.