Siebel Anywhere Administration Guide > Activating, Applying, and Distributing Upgrade Kits >
Deactivating an Upgrade Kit
There are times when you may need to deactivate an active kit—perhaps there was a last minute decision to delete a kit. (You must first deactivate a kit before deleting it.)
Observe the following guidelines when deciding whether to deactivate a kit:
- If there was a problem with the kit, then the kit can be deactivated and a replacement kit should be created to upgrade the users who had problems with the initial kit.
- If later kits depend on the kit you are considering for deactivation, perform the following actions to make sure that users will be able to download and install the later kits:
To deactivate an upgrade kit
- From the application-level menu, select Navigate > Site Map > Administration - Siebel Anywhere.
- From the link bar, click Upgrade Kits.
The Upgrade Kits view appears.
- Select the kit you want to deactivate.
The Status field should show that it is Active.
- Click the menu button and select Deactivate.
A warning message will ask you to confirm. If appropriate, click OK.
The Status field should change to Inactive.
Repeat Step 3 and Step 4 for each kit that you want to deactivate.