Siebel Anywhere Administration Guide > Upgrade Planning and Preliminary Tasks > Determining Upgrade Requirements >
Evaluating Siebel Anywhere as an Upgrade or Delivery Method
Siebel Anywhere is suitable for delivering many kinds of software, including many software upgrades, but it is not suitable for delivery of some types of software and some types of upgrades. Observe the following guidelines:
- Use Siebel Anywhere only with software that is related to the use of Siebel eBusiness Applications.
- Do not use Siebel Anywhere for major Siebel release upgrades, such as upgrading a database schema from Siebel 6 to Siebel 7.
- Do not use Siebel Anywhere to upgrade from Siebel 7.0.x to Siebel 7.5.x or Siebel 7.7. The addition of Unicode support in release 7.5 puts these upgrades outside the scope that Siebel Anywhere can handle. For information about upgrades that do not use Siebel Anywhere, see the Upgrade Guide.
- Siebel Anywhere can be used to upgrade Siebel Dedicated Web Client software and Siebel Mobile Web Client software for the following Siebel version combinations:
- From Siebel version 7.5.x to Siebel version 7.7
- From Siebel version 7.5.x to Siebel version 7.7 maintenance releases
- From Siebel version 7.7 to Siebel version 7.7 maintenance releases