Siebel Business Process Designer Administration Guide > Workflow Policies > About Creating Workflow Policies >
Example of a Workflow Policy Action: Creating a Database Operation Action
Two kinds of database operations are possible in Workflow Policies—insert and update. Insert allows a record to be inserted into a table in the Siebel database. The update database operation allows one or more columns in an existing record to be changed.
In the following example, a database update occurs when you use Workflow Policies to update the value of the Priority field to Very High if the Severity is Critical.
To create a Database Operation to update Service Request Priority
- In the Workflow Policies Actions view, fill in the Actions applet fields.
- Create a new record in the Actions applet and enter the name of the action:
Update SR Priority to Very High
- Select a predefined workflow policies program from the Program field picklist:
Change SR Priority
- Fill in the Arguments applet.
- Select from Name picklist:
- Select from Value picklist: