Siebel Business Process Designer Administration Guide > For Developers: Workflow Process Steps > About Business Service Steps >
Defining a Business Service Step
You define a business service step in the Process Designer in Siebel Tools.
To define a business service step
- In the Workflow Processes OBLE in Siebel Tools, select the workflow process for which you would like to define a Business Service step.
- Right-click and choose Edit Workflow Process.
- Drag and drop a Business Service icon from the palette to the workspace.
- In the WF Steps applet, enter or modify the step name, and then enter a description of the purpose of the Business Service step.
- In the Business Service Name field, select the name of the service to be invoked from the picklist.
The picklist contains the business services defined in Siebel Tools or the Siebel client.
See Integration Platform Technologies: Siebel eBusiness Application Integration Volume II for information on creating customer-defined services.
- In the Business Service Method field, select the method for invoking the service. The choices available for this field depend on the service you select in Step 5.
- If you need to define input arguments for this task, continue to Defining Input Arguments for Business Service Steps.
- If you need to define output arguments for this task, continue to Defining Output Arguments for Business Service Steps.