Siebel Connector for SAP R/3 > Installation and Configuration >
The following sections describe the basic installation and configuration process for executing standard integrations and their underlying business services. It may be necessary to perform additional configuration within SAP or the Siebel application to support specific customer requirements. For additional information on business services configurations, read Customizing Integrations.
NOTE: Before using the Siebel Connector for SAP R/3 make sure you have installed
librfc32.dll version 4.6C, which is part of the SAP RFC Software Development Kit (SDK). The RFC SDK can be installed during installation of the SAP GUI by enabling the Development Tools check box.
The following list summarizes the necessary steps for installation and configuration of the SAP Connector. To install the SAP Connector infrastructure follow Step 1 through Step 5. Step 7 and Step 8 are required for use of the SAP Connector standard integrations.
- Modify the SAP configuration file (read Modifying SAP Configuration Files).
- Modify Siebel configuration files such as
tools.cfg (read Modifying Siebel Configuration Files).
- Configure ALE/IDOC (read Configuring ALE/IDOC Connectivity).
- Configure components. Enable component groups and components, and set parameters (read Component Configuration).
- Check connectivity (read Checking Connectivity).
- Configure for MQSeries (if you desire to use MQSeries) (read Configuring the SAP Connector for Use with IBM MQSeries).
- Configure SAP for standard integrations (read SAP Configuration for Standard Integrations).
- Configure the Siebel application for standard integrations (read Siebel Configuration for Standard Integrations).
- Activate workflows (read Activating Workflows).