Siebel Connector for SAP R/3 > Installation and Configuration > Configuring the SAP Connector for Use with IBM MQSeries >
Sample Outbound Workflow
A sample workflow is provided to update a customer in SAP from the Siebel application. This workflow can be used in place of the Standard Integration Workflow Account - Send SAP 46C Customer. The sample workflow is called Send46CIdoc_UpdateSAPCustomer_MQAMI. This workflow passes a customer IDOC from the Siebel application to SAP through MQ Series instead of using the IDOC and tRFC BAPI adapters.
The sequence of the flow is:
Siebel Adapter > Data Map > EAI SAP IDOC MQ AMI Adapter > EAI MQSeries AMI Transport.
To use the sample workflow in place of the standard integration workflow
- Modify the standard Account Integration workflow SAP 4x Account - Submit SAP 46C Customer.
- Navigate to Workflow Process using Siebel Tools.
- Locate the Account - Submit SAP 46C Customer workflow, and then click Revise.
- Right-click the workflow, and select Edit workflow process.
- In the workflow steps applet for Update SAP Customer replace the value Account - Send SAP 46C Customer with Send46CIdoc_UpdateSAPCustomer_MQAMI.
- Save the changes.
- Repeat Step d and Step e for the Update Sales Area Info step.
- Return to Workflow Processes and deploy the workflow.
- Modify the sample workflow Send4xIdoc_UpdateSAPCustomer_MQAMI.
- From Tools > Workflow Process locate the sample workflow Send46CIdoc_UpdateSAPCustomer_MQAMI and click Revise.
A new version of the workflow appears with status In Progress.
- Right-click the workflow and select Edit workflow process.
- Select the business service step, 4. MQ AMI Transport.
- Right-click and select Show Input Arguments, change the value of the Connection Subsystem argument from SAPSubsys to a name of your own choice, for example MQSenderSubsys.
- Save the changes.
- Return to workflow processes and deploy the workflow.
- Activate workflows.
- Create the connection subsystem that you named in the Connection Subsystem argument.
- Log in to server manager line mode (you may also use server administration).
- Enter this command:
create named subsystem your subsystem name for subsystem
MQSeriesAMISubsys with MqPolicyName=your MQ AMI Policy name,
MqSenderServiceName=your MQ AMI Sender Service name
- Use the
list named subsystem command to make sure the subsystem is created.
- Stop the Siebel server service and restart it.
Now when you send an account to SAP from the Siebel application, it invokes the sample workflow.