Siebel Employee Relationship Management Administration Guide > Setting Up Competency Management >
Creating Career Path Options for a Job Profile
After the appropriate job profiles are created, you can associate them with other job profiles to create career paths. A career path is a hierarchy of job profiles. These associations represent a career path for employees. After several job profiles are associated with one another, employees and managers can use the Career Planning feature to navigate through the hierarchy and determine a career path.
This task is a step in Process of Setting Up Competency Management.
To create a career path option
- From the application-level menu, choose Navigate > Site Map > Administration - Competency > Job Profile Administration > Career Path Options.
- In the Job Profiles list, select the job profile, and then click the Career Path Options view tab.
- In the Career Path Options list, add a new record.
- In the new record, click the select button in the Name field.
- In the Job Profiles list, query to find the job profile you want to designate within the career path, and then click OK.
The primary flag indicates the next career option for currently selected job profile.