Siebel Forecasting Guide > Common High-Level Forecast Usage Scenarios >
End users often need a sales pipeline and actuals to proactively manage key deals, allocate sales resources, manage sales costs, and respond to competitive or industry trends.
- Opportunity management
- Use of sales methodology
Administrator Usage Scenario
The administrator defines a WW Sales forecast series. The Auto Forecast Search Spec is set as follows: [Calculated Primary Flag] = 'Y'. This search pulls opportunity level revenue items into the forecast.
End User Revenue Scenario
- Add a new opportunity.
- Maintain relevant opportunity data consistent with your company's sales methodology, for example, sales stage, revenue class, and probability.
- (Optional) Use revenue type attributes in each revenue item to add booked, billed, and actual status as revenue data is actualized over time. End users can use revenue class attributes to add service/hardware/software attributes for each revenue item.
End User Forecast Scenario
- Create a new WW Sales forecast.
- In the Details view, end users can see opportunities they are working on being automatically pulled into their forecast.
- Make adjustments and view adjustment history.
- Submit the forecast.