Going Live with Siebel eBusiness Applications > Migrating Customizations Between Applications >
Creating ADM Deployment Filters
Creating Application Deployment Manager (ADM) data filters is an optional, but highly recommended, task of the ADM Server Manager GUI set-up process. This task is a step in the Process for Migrating Customizations Between Applications.
The deployment filter allows the migration of specially selected records of that particular data type. It is recommended to use a filter for each data type. For further information about deployment filters, see About ADM Deployment Filters.
To create an ADM deployment filter
- From the application-level menu, choose Navigation > Site Map > Application Deployment Manager screen.
- From the link bar, click Deployment Projects.
- In the Deployment Projects list, select the Project of interest.
- In the Deployment Project data types list, select the Data Type of interest.
- In the Deployment Filter field, create a search expression to filter out only those items of a data type matching the condition for migration.
NOTE: For details on the format for deployment filters, see About ADM Deployment Filters.
- To make sure the filter is accurate, click the Validate Filter button.