Implementing Siebel eBusiness Applications on DB2 UDB for z/OS and OS/390 > Preparing for Implementation on the DB2 Host > Setting Up DB2 Connect >
Configuring DB2 Connect EE or UE to Support Siebel Web Client
Using DB2 Connect EE or UE to support the Siebel Web Client involves:
- Siebel Server, running Application Object Managers to support Siebel Web Client. In some cases, DB2 Connect EE is also installed on this machine.
- Optionally, an additional computer on which you install IBM's DB2 Connect EE, to act as a gateway to the database.
- DB2 UDB for z/OS and OS/390.
- Individual workstations running Siebel Web Client.
This approach is illustrated in the lower part of Figure 1.
Perform the following steps to configure DB2 Connect EE for a server machine.
To connect to DB2 using DB2 Connect EE
- Using vendor instructions, install DB2 Connect EE on a server machine.
The DB2 Connect EE Server machine functions as a DB2 UDB server, with protocol support for DB2 UDB for z/OS and OS/390.
You can also add DB2 Connect to an existing server with DB2 already installed.
- On the DB2 Connect machine, upgrade DB2 Connect to the appropriate Fix Pack.
For information regarding the supported Fix Pack version, refer to System Requirements and Supported Platforms on Siebel SupportWeb.
- On the DB2 Connect EE Server machine, catalog your DB2 z/OS and OS/390 database, as appropriate, using the DB2 Client Configuration Assistant or the DB2 Command Line Processor.
After installation, use a standard DB2 UDB client to access the DB2 Connect EE Server.