Implementing Siebel eBusiness Applications on DB2 UDB for z/OS and OS/390 > Preparing for Implementation on the DB2 Host > Setting Up DB2 Connect >
Configuring DB2 Connect EE to Support Siebel Dedicated Web Client
Using DB2 Connect EE to support the Siebel Dedicated Web Client involves:
- A computer on which you install IBM's DB2 Connect EE, to act as a gateway to the database. This computer might be a Siebel Server machine or a separate machine.
- DB2 UDB for z/OS and OS/390.
- Siebel Dedicated Web Client workstations.
This configuration enables a high volume of concurrent network transactions between Siebel Dedicated Web Clients and the DB2 Connect EE Server machine. This approach combines elements from both scenarios shown in Figure 1.
To connect to DB2 using DB2 Connect EE
- Using vendor instructions, install DB2 Connect EE on a gateway machine.
The DB2 Connect EE Server machine functions as a DB2 UDB server, with protocol support for DB2 UDB for z/OS and OS/390.
- On the DB2 Connect EE Server, upgrade DB2 Connect EE to the appropriate Fix Pack.
For information regarding the supported Fix Pack version, refer to System Requirements and Supported Platforms on Siebel SupportWeb.
- On the DB2 Connect EE Server machine, catalog your DB2 z/OS or OS/390 database, as appropriate, using the DB2 Client Configuration Assistant or the DB2 Command Line Processor.
After installation, use a standard DB2 UDB client to access the DB2 Connect EE Server.