Implementing Siebel eBusiness Applications on DB2 UDB for z/OS and OS/390 > Preparing for Implementation on the DB2 Host > Setting Up DB2 Connect >
Configuring DB2 Connect PE to Support Siebel Dedicated Web Client
Using DB2 Connect PE to support the Siebel Dedicated Web Client involves:
- Siebel Dedicated Web Client workstations on which you install IBM's DB2 Connect Personal Edition (PE), to act as a gateway to the database
- DB2 UDB for z/OS and OS/390
With this approach, users on a Siebel Dedicated Web Client connect directly to DB2. See the upper part of Figure 1.
To connect to DB2 using DB2 Connect PE
- Install DB2 Connect PE on each Siebel Dedicated Web Client workstation machine.
- On each machine, upgrade DB2 Connect PE to the appropriate Fix Pack.
For information regarding the supported Fix Pack version, see System Requirements and Supported Platforms on Siebel SupportWeb.
If you previously installed a DB2 Connect run-time client, the DB2 Connect installer upgrade adds only the functionality required for the existing client. (This is also the case if you have a DB2 server or SDK installed on your workstation.)
- On the workstation machine, catalog your OS/390 databases as appropriate, using the DB2 Client Configuration Assistant or the DB2 Command Line Processor.
After installation, use a standard DB2 UDB client to access DB2 Connect.