Implementing Siebel eBusiness Applications on DB2 UDB for z/OS and OS/390 > Installing the Siebel Database Server Files at Midtier > Siebel Database Server Software Installation >
Installing the Database Server Software Under UNIX
Complete the steps below to install the Siebel Database Server files under UNIX. You must already have a Siebel Server installed on the computer.
To install the database server software under UNIX
- Install the Siebel eBusiness Applications, Base Applications for
UNIX_OS DVD onto the network.
UNIX_OS is your UNIX operating system, such as Solaris, HP-UX, or AIX.
NOTE: The volume label for the DVD is
unibase, where UNIX_OS is your UNIX operating system. The volume label may not be required, depending on how you access the DVD.
As a convenience, you may also want to install the
language is the language code for the language you are planning to install, into the drive of the machine on which you want to install the Siebel Database Server.
- Verify the directories and permissions to those directories into which you will install the product. You must have write and execute permission.
- Navigate to the /
/Server/Siebel_Enterprise_Server directory on the DVD and open a new shell.
- Unset any Siebel-specific environment variables. To view current environment variable settings, enter
env in the shell window.
- To start the Siebel Database Server file installation, enter the following command:
UNIX_OS = the UNIX operating system, such as Solaris, HP-UX, or AIX.
The Welcome to InstallShield Wizard for Siebel Enterprise Server screen appears.
- Click Next.
If you have already installed other Siebel components on the same machine, the installer displays the message that an existing installation has been found.
- Depending on whether you are installing your Siebel Database Server files for the first time or adding a new language to an existing instance, take the appropriate action:
- Enter the fully qualified path to the installation directory, and then click Next.
The installer prompts you to select the server that you want to install.
- Select from the following options and click Next:
- Install all the components at once for which your organization has a license by selecting all the check boxes.
- Select just the Siebel Database Server at this time for installation and configuration. (You will install and configure the other server components individually later.)
NOTE: If you install all licensed components at once, the SES Installer and the Siebel Software Configuration Wizard prompt you for the installation parameters of each component individually and in the sequence required.
The installer prompts you to select the type of installation setup you prefer.
- Choose the type of Siebel Database Server installation to execute from the following options, then click Next to continue:
- Compact (not supported)
If you chose the Custom installation type, proceed to Step 11.
If you chose the Typical installation type, proceed to Step 12.
For a list of the installable components, see the following table.
Typical or Custom
Select the database files you want to install from the components below:
- Sample Database support—File attachments for Siebel seed data
- Oracle Database Enterprise Edition—Database scripts for the Siebel Database on Oracle
- IBM DB2 UDB for UNIX and Windows—Database scripts for the Siebel Database on DB2 UDB for UNIX and Windows
- IBM DB2 UDB for z/OS and OS/390—Database scripts for the Siebel Database on DB2 UDB for z/OS and OS/390
- Select both IBM DB2 UDB for z/OS and OS/390 and the Siebel Sample Database.
If you are installing additional languages, the Installer Language Selection screen appears.
- Choose the Language Pack or Packs you are installing for the Siebel Database Server and click Next.
All servers are installed, at a minimum, with the primary language in which the server will be run. This is the primary (base) language for your Enterprise. Optionally, you can install one or more additional languages.
When installing languages at a later date, you must also reinstall any patches that have been run on the directory.
NOTE: In a Unicode-enabled database environment, you can install any of the available Siebel language packs. In a non-Unicode database environment, you must consider the correlation of the language packs you want to install and the characters supported by your database code page. For example, in a Western European code page database, you can only install Western European language packs such as English, French, Spanish, or German. In a Japanese code page database, you can only install Japanese or English language packs.
For a list of supported code pages and encoding strategies, see System Requirements and Supported Platforms on Siebel SupportWeb.
The installer prompts you that the setup program will install program shortcuts to your Program Folder with the name Siebel Enterprise Server 7.x.x.
- Click Next and the installer automatically adds program icons to a folder in the Windows Program file called Siebel Enterprise Server 7.x.x.
NOTE: To override the default action and install the program icons to a different Program folder in the list under Existing Folders, enter the name for that folder.
The installer displays the location into which it will install the Siebel Database Server and any other servers you have elected to install. It also displays the file size.
- During the Siebel Database Server installation, an information screen appears stating:
Setup did not find the "language" language pack on the current media. Please insert the DVD containing the Siebel
language and select setup
UNIX_OS from the
language = the Siebel code for the Language Pack you installed; for example,
enu for U.S. English.
UNIX_OS = the UNIX operating system, such as Solaris, HP-UX, or AIX.
- Remove the current DVD from the drive and insert the Siebel Language Language Kit DVD-ROM (where Language stands for the Language Pack you want to deploy, such as English for U.S. English) into the DVD-ROM drive of the same server.
A dialog box titled Navigate to the Executable on the
language language pack
DVD appears and displays a file called
siebel.ini. However, you do not need to do anything with this file.
Clear the filter dialog box, if needed, to be sure that you can see the appropriate files.
- Navigate to the UNIX_OS\Server\Siebel_Enterprise_Server\language directory (where language stands for the Language Pack you want to deploy, such as enu for U.S. English) and double-click setupUNIX_OS.
A message appears stating that language files are being installed.
- When installation of all the language files has been completed, the installer prompts you again for the base DVD.
Please re-insert the base DVD and browse to the setup
UNIX_OS file to enable setup to continue.
- Navigate again to the base DVD mount point on the network, locate
UNIX_OS, and click OK.
After all server files specified have been installed, the installer displays the message:
The InstallShield Wizard has successfully installed the Siebel Enterprise Server. Click Finish to exit the Wizard.
- Click Finish.
- Proceed to Reviewing the Software Installation for DB2 UDB for z/OS and OS/390.