Implementing Siebel eBusiness Applications on DB2 UDB for z/OS and OS/390 > Siebel Schema Installation on the DB2 Host > Performing a Custom Installation >
Performing a Custom Installation Under Windows
Perform the following procedure if you are installing Siebel eBusiness Applications on the Windows operating system.
To perform a custom installation under Windows
- Launch the Database Server Configuration wizard and proceed as in the Standard Installation option until the Select Installation Type screen appears (Step 11).
- In the Select Installation Type screen, select Customized Installation.
To continue, click Next.
- In the Select Installation Mechanism screen, indicate which installation mechanism you want to use:
- Generate DDL into Files. Select this to generate the DDL required to create the Siebel Schema.
NOTE: The DDL is not executed at this time; it is simply generated to a file. A message indicates that DDL is being executed; this message refers to execution of the generation of DDL statements and the process of writing the statements to a file.
You must later use Siebel-provided scripts, your own FTP, or a similar file transfer program to transport the DDL (schema.sql and ddlview.sql) to the DB2 host, where the DBA executes it, using customary methods, for example, SPUFI.
To continue, click Next and proceed to Step 4.
- Run DDL Automatically. Select this to apply the DDL and DML required to create the Siebel Schema directly against the database.
The Siebel application uses ODBC to apply all necessary steps in this installation.
To continue, click Next and proceed to Step 5.
- In the DDL Output Directory screen, enter the path to the output directory where you want to deposit the generated DDL for later transport to the DB2 host. The default directory is
- In the Storage Control File screen, use the Browse button to indicate the path to the customized storage control file that you want to use to configure storage on the DB2 host.
This can be either a Siebel-provided template or a storage control file that you have already customized using any of the methods in Preparing the Database Layout.
To continue, click Next.
- In the Configuration Parameter Review screen, review the configuration values you entered on the previous Configuration Utility screens:
To apply the configuration now, press "OK".
To apply the configuration later, press "Cancel".
The command line to apply the configuration later is
C:\sea7xx\siebsrvr\bin\siebupg.exe /m master_install_mf.ucf
NOTE: The last line of the prompt is generated dynamically and might vary based on the location of your Siebel Server installation.
If a program or system error occurs and you need to rerun the Siebel Upgrade Wizard, you can do so, starting at the point at which the wizard failed, by navigating to \siebsrvr\bin and entering the following command:
siebupg.exe /m master_install_mf.ucf
- When the Database Server configuration wizard displays the items to be executed or imported, click OK to start generating DDL.
- This step completes the installation option Run DDL Automatically.
- If in Step 3 you chose the installation option Generate DDL Into Files, the utility displays the following message after it generates the schema.sql file that contains the DDL to create the Siebel Schema:
Pause #1: Please create Siebel Schema using schema.sql and ddlview.sql located in the Output Directory. Once the objects are created, please select Yes. To stop now and continue installation later please select No. (To resume at a later time, please start the Upgrade Wizard from the command line using option /m master_install_mf.ucf).
The DDL is not executed at this time; it is simply generated to a file. (A message indicates that DDL is being executed; this message refers to execution of the generation of DDL statements and the process of writing the statements to a file.)
- When you are prompted to create the Siebel Schema and views, click Yes to continue.
- Transfer schema.sql and ddlview.sql to OS/390 and have your DBA apply them to create the Siebel Schema.
For DBA information on how to apply the Siebel Schema on the DB2 host, see Applying DDL on the DB2 Host.
- Indicate which action you want to take:
Pause #2: Please ensure that the schemvld.sql is empty (which means that Siebel Schema was created successfully). If so, please continue with the UDFs deployment: ftp the files to install UDF functions. (To resume, please start the Upgrade Wizard from the command line using the option /m master_install_mf.ucf).
- Only if your DBA has already created the Siebel Schema, click Yes to populate it. (The execution of the DML does not require DBA authority.)
CAUTION: When you click Yes, it means you proceed to populate the schema with seed data, and do other manipulations on Siebel tables. The operation will fail if the Siebel Schema has not yet been created, because there is no schema to populate.
- If you want to quit the DB Server Configuration Utility until your DBA has had an opportunity to create the Siebel Schema, click No. You can relaunch the wizard at any time to continue with this step.
When you have successfully completed the step of populating the seed data, you are ready to import the Siebel Repository.
TIP: Locate the file master_install_mf.ucf in the binary subdirectory of your Siebel Server installation directory and print it out, so that you have a record of the values you entered.