Siebel Marketing Installation and Administration Guide > Advanced Marketing Information for Administrators > Displaying Analytics Columns in Marketing Plans >
Displaying Analytics Columns in Marketing Plans Using Siebel Tools
If you need to set up this feature manually, perform the following steps:
Example of Creating an External Table Object in Siebel Tools
Use this example as a guide when you want to set up the Actual Order Revenue for Marketing Plan to be displayed in the Marketing Plans business component.
NOTE: This example can be used to display Analytics column values in other marketing business components such as campaigns by using the applicable business component name and appropriate table names.
- In Siebel Tools, from the menu bar, choose Table and then click New.
- Select an appropriate name.
EX at the beginning of the name, identifies it as an external object.
- Select the project.
The User Name field should ideally be Name of Table. This adds the EXT suffix. (Recommended convention)
- Alias is the Name of the Presentation Catalog. (Enclose in quotes.)
- Set Type to External.
- Set Status to Active.
Set Up Columns for the Table Object in Siebel Tools
Assign the Column Names for the Table Object
- Change the Name column to EX_MPL_REVENUE. (The name of the table.)
- Copy the Name value into the User Name column. (It adds Ext to the user name.)
- Enclose the Alias ("Marketing Plans") in double quotation marks.
- Change the Name of 1 column to MARKETING_PLAN_ID and perform the following steps:
- Copy the Name into User Name.
- Set the System Field Mapping attribute to Id.
- Change Name of 2 Column to TOTAL_ORDER_REVENUE, and then copy the Name into the User Name column.
Create a Data Source for the Table Object
- In the Object Explorer, go to Data Source.
- Create a New record and in the Name field, type Analytics Web.
- The Name should be the name of the DSN that you use to connect to Siebel Analytics Server.
- Update the Join for the Marketing Plans business component.
- In the Object Explorer, select Business Components.
- Query for business component Marketing Plans.
- Expand the explorer to see the Joins folder.
- Go to Join EX_MKT_REVENUE. Replace it with EX_MPL_REVENUE. Change the Table alias to EX_MPL_REVENUE.
- In the Join specification > Destination column should be MARKETING_PLAN_ID.
- Go to Field > Actual Revenue. Change Join to EX_MPL_REVENUE. Change Column to TOTAL_ORDER_REVENUE.