Siebel Mobile Connector Guide > Working with the Alert Business Service > How the Alert Business Service Works >
Alert Process Flow
These steps describe the flow in greater detail:
- Using the Reference Configuration Sample, the administrator subscribes for alerts that will send notification messages to the third-party application when requested information has changed.
- The Metadata Business Service creates subscriptions and generates workflow files based on the updates the administrator has subscribed for. The XML documents are saved in the siebsrvr\xml directory at the location where Siebel Server is installed.
- The administrator imports the workflows into the Siebel Business Process Administration application and activates them. Once activated, the workflows monitor for specific data changes in the Siebel database until they are deactivated or deleted.
- The Alert Business Service stores the old (prewrite) and new (postwrite) data of the specified business component and generates XML documents that contain both the old and new requested data when an alert condition is triggered.
- The Alert Business Service submits the alert to a third-party application through a specified Siebel transport method. The supported transport methods include HTTP and MSMQ. For more information on supported transport mechanisms, see Transports and Interfaces: Siebel eBusiness Application Integration Volume III.
- The third-party application receives the alert and processes the information. The application can use both the prewrite values and the postwrite values to determine which end users require the update.