Siebel Order Management Guide Addendum for Industry Applications > Employee Use of Order Management >
Moving a Service to Another Location (End User)
Employee end users can use the following procedure to disconnect services at one address (move-out address) and install the same services at another address (move-in address).
If the correct service points exist at the new address for the transferred services, the services are automatically assigned to these service points.
This procedure creates a quote that shows the service being deleted for one address and added for another address. The items displayed in the quote reflect the current configuration of the service adjusted for changes contained in open orders.
NOTE: A service can only be transferred if it is provisioned at a service point. The Workflow will not recognize services that are not tied to a service point.
To transfer a service to another location
- Navigate to the All Accounts view of the Accounts screen with the desired account selected.
- In the Account form, click Select in the Address Line 1 field.
The Account Addresses dialog box displays.
- In the Account Addresses dialog box, select the move-in address.
If the move-in address is not present, click New and enter the address.
- In the Start Date field, enter the date on which you want the services to become active for billing purposes.
- In the move-out address End Date field, enter the date on which you want the services to end for billing purposes.
- Click the Transfer Service button.
The Line Items view appears.
It lists two copies of the service. The line items in one copy have an action code of Delete and are associated with the move-out address. The line items in the other copy have an action code of Add and are associated with the move-in address.
- For each service item, verify that there is a service point in the Service Point field.
NOTE: This indicates that there is a service point available at the move-in address.
- If a service item does not display a service point, delete the item from the quote.
- Convert the quote to an order and submit it. See Converting Quotes to Orders (End User) for more details.