Siebel Order Management Guide Addendum for Industry Applications > Workflows for Employee Ordering >
Workflow to Generate Revenue Line Items for an Opportunity
This workflow generates revenue line items for an opportunity from its associated quote. It consists of the workflow process:
SIS OM Update Revenue Workflow
This workflow creates revenue items for all quote line items. For quote line items that have a recurring charge, multiple revenue items are generated at intervals defined by the unit of measure. The number of occurrences specified in the quote line item defines the number of line items generated. This workflow is shown in Figure 2.
A user initiates this workflow by clicking the Update Opportunity button in the Quote Detail view.
Figure 2. SIS OM Update Revenue Workflow
Workflow Description. This workflow does the following:
- Reads the quote line items from the database.
- Reads the revenue items associated with the opportunity related to the quote from the database.
- Deletes the existing revenue items.
- Creates revenue items for each quote line item that has the following:
- An action code of Add or Update
- A price type that is not Usage
- An extended quantity that is not zero
For line items with recurring price types, the workflow generates a quantity of revenue items equal to the value of the quote line item's Number of Occurrences field, at intervals equivalent to the unit of measure.
Associated Business Service Methods. The following table shows the step in this workflow that calls a business service method.
Business Service Method Called
Quote To Revenue