Siebel Order Management Guide Addendum for Industry Applications > Workflows for Employee Ordering >
Workflow to Submit an Order
This workflow allows a user to submit an order, which signals the provisioning system that the order is ready to be provisioned. It consists of the workflow process:
- SIS OM Submit Order Process
SIS OM Submit Order Process
This workflow checks that account information exists. It sets the status of the order and the line items to Open. Because only orders that do not have a status of Open can be submitted, this prevents the order from being submitted again. This workflow is shown in Figure 10.
A user initiates this workflow by clicking the Submit button on the order header form in the Order Entry views.
Figure 10. SIS OM Submit Order Process Workflow
Workflow Description. This workflow does the following:
- Checks that the order status is not Open.
- If the order has a status of Open, it cannot be submitted, because it has already been submitted.
- Sets the status of the order to Open.
- Sets the status of each Pending line item to Open.
- Resets the Active Order such that the current order is no longer the active order.
SIS OM Auto Select Order Billing and Service Accounts - SIA
This workflow used to be called by an earlier version of SIS OM Submit Order Process. It is now obsolete, but it has been retained for backward compatibility.