Siebel Order Management Guide Addendum for Industry Applications > Customer Use of Order Management >
Creating a New Account (End User)
This section explains how a customer creates a new account through the Web.
To create a new account
- Log in to eSales and click My Account in the banner area.
- In the Account Management list, click Current Account.
- In the Current Account form, click Create a New Account.
- Fill in the fields in the Current Account tab.
You must fill in the new Account name, Account Class (Billing, Billing Aggregator, Customer, Service, or Service Aggregator), and Account Type (Business Customer, Subcontractor, and so on). Optionally, you may also supply Phone, Fax, Status (Active, Cancelled, Closed, and so on), and a URL associated with the new account.
- Optionally, to create an account hierarchy, you can define an existing account as the parent account for the new account.
- Click the select button in the Parent Account field.
- In the Pick Account dialog box, select the appropriate parent account.
If the account that you want is not listed, click Query, enter the parent account information, click Search, and then select the appropriate account.
- In the Current Account form, click Save to create the new account.
- To select and identify this account as the primary account, select it in the Select Account form and click the select button in the Set as Primary field.
In the absence of any account information, eSales will use the primary account to identify the user during the check out process.