Siebel Order Management Guide Addendum for Industry Applications > Using Network Ordering > Process of Ordering New Sites in Existing Networks >
Adding a Connection for a New Network Site
After creating a quote for a new network site, the salesperson adds a line item for the connection at that site.
This task is a step in Process of Ordering New Sites in Existing Networks.
To add a connection for a new network site
- In the Line Items view of the Quotes screen, click Add Item and add a line item for a product of the Network Element Type, Network Connection.
For example, you may select the product Frame Relay PVC.
- Click the Network Line Detail view tab.
- In the Network Line Detail form, enter details for the connection:
- In the From section, in the Node field, select one of the nodes for this connection.
This dialog box allows you to select nodes from across the entire network.
- In the To section, in the Node field, select the other node for this connection.
This must be a different node than the one selected as the From node.
NOTE: When selecting the From and To nodes, a user will be able to select from the existing nodes as well as the new sites which have just been added to this quote.
- Enter attributes for this connection.
- If this is a simple product, click the Attributes view tab and enter these attributes in the Attributes form.
- If it customizable product, click Customize to enter the attributes for the line item.