Siebel Order Management Guide Addendum for Industry Applications > Using Network Ordering > Process of Ordering New Sites in Existing Networks >
Converting a Quote to an Order for a New Network Site
After creating a quote for a new network, the salesperson presents the quote to the customer as a proposal document or in some other form. After the customer approves this proposal, the salesperson converts the quote to an order and adds final additional engineering details if necessary.
This task is a step in Process of Ordering New Sites in Existing Networks.
To create an order for a new network site
- Navigate to the Quotes screen.
- In the Quotes list, click the Quote name for the quote for the network site.
- In the Quote Header form, click AutoOrder.
The quote is converted into an order.
- Click the Network Line Detail view tab.
- Add additional engineering details to network components, as needed, for example service Id and Port number.
- Click Validate.
A dialog box should appear saying the network is valid or listing network errors. If this dialog box does not appear or has an unexpected message, the product is not set up correctly. For more information, see Setting Up Network Ordering.
- If any errors are listed, alter network components to resolve these errors.
- Repeat Step 6 and Step 7 until all errors are corrected.
- When the order is complete, to submit the order, click Submit.