Siebel Order Management Guide Addendum for Industry Applications > Using Network Ordering > Process of Upgrading Bandwidth at Network Sites >
Upgrading the Bandwidth at a Network Site
To upgrade bandwidth at an existing network site, you must increase the speed of the network node product, for example the port speed of the Frame Relay Port product.
This task is a step in Process of Upgrading Bandwidth at Network Sites.
NOTE: If you modelled all of your network components as simple products, instead of using this procedure and the following procedure, you can simply navigate to the All Network Elements view of the Networks screen and select both the Network Node and the Network Connection you wish to upgrade Once the two or more items have been selected, click Modify and a new change quote will appear with all selected items as line items. Then navigate to the Attributes view tab and upgrade accordingly.
To modify the access at a network site
- After selecting the network that you are upgrading, click the Nodes view tab.
- Use a query to find the nodes that you want to modify in the Nodes list.
- After reviewing the current bandwidth in the attributes applet, click Modify.
- If you are using a customizable product a Configurator session will appear allowing you to increase the port speed as required.
- If you are using simple products then the Quote Detail View will with a newly created Quote where you can navigate to the Attributes view and increase the speed of the port.
- Click Done.
A change quote appears.